Happy I Love To Write Day!
Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and he will establish your plans. -Proverbs 16:3
November 15th is National I Love To Write Day! In 2002, author John Riddle created I Love To Write Day. John Riddle is a Delaware-based author who has written over 34 books in the span of 30 years. When asked why he created the day, Riddle said “My goal for I Love To Write Day is to have people of all ages spend time writing.” He believes the possibilities are endless, and regardless of what you write, you should just spend time writing. Everyone has a story to tell, and today might just be the day you start telling yours. Writing is one of the many ways you can challenge yourself and show your creativity in a poem, a love letter, a greeting card, an essay, a short story, or a novel. Riddle hopes that for many people, this day could be the start of their new career, so get to writing!
How to celebrate
- Write. Put one word after another and don’t stop.
- Tell your story. Everyone has a story inside them just waiting to be written down, tell yours.
- Turn off your editor. Write unapologetically and ignore the mistakes for now.
- Meet a goal. Set yourself a goal, whether it is a word count milestone or finishing a project.
- Just try. Everyone has to start somewhere.