Did you know that September is “Be Kind To Writers and Editors Month?”
In 1984, Lone Star Publishing in San Antonio, Texas established this month-long celebration to honor all of the fantastic writers and editors of the world. There are numerous ways to show appreciation to writers and editors this month, and we’ve made it easy for you to think of something with this list!
I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you. Romans 1:8
How to be kind to writers:
- Recognize your favorite writer on social media or send them an email saying thank you. Just a short post recognizing them will make any writer’s day.
- You can always show appreciation to writers by purchasing some of their work. Authors work tirelessly on their content so buy that book you’ve been eyeing. You can find some of our best sellers here.
- If you live with a writer, try to keep the house distraction free. They will have an easier time getting work done that way.
How to be kind to editors:
- If you are a writer, you can help your editor by taking another look at your work before sending it to them and catching any errors that you spot.
- Make sure to get your work to the editor when you say you will. The editor’s job is to help writers perfect their content, but they can’t do that if they don’t have enough time. So be timely!
- If you are married to an editor, you can offer to take the kids out for a while so they have time to work without distractions or interruptions. They will appreciate some quiet time!
So here’s to all of those who lose sleep writing stories to help the rest of us escape reality and travel to different worlds. To those who write to keep us informed and enlightened. And to those who help writers make their content the best it can be. This month is for you!
The Lord bless you and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace. Numbers 6:24-26